APPLICATION FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH MINISTRY INTERNSHIP
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church
The deadline to submit applications is Friday, April 21st, 2017.
Mt. Calvary Lutheran Church is looking for interns for the summer months to aid the Children and Youth Ministry board in ministry to the youth of our congregation.
- Interns must have completed at least one year in college.
- Interns should have access to some form of personal transportation.
- Interns will be subject to a background check.
- Intern should be a member in good standing of the Lutheran Church- Missouri Synod.
- The interns will be responsible to the Children and Youth Ministry board and the Director of Christian Education, with weekly evaluation and check-ins.
- The interns will function as, and be treated as, staff members of the Mt. Calvary. Interns should remember that they are representing both God and the Mt. Calvary at all times.
- Plan, recruit, and aid Summer Sunday School.
- Submit lesson plan to Director of Christian Education before Friday each week.
- Work with Vacation Bible School Coordinators to help recruit volunteers, acquire needed items, advertise, and run Vacation Bible School.
- Assist with youth activities (MS and HS) throughout the summer.
- Plan, advertise, and execute (with help) at least one event over the summer.
- Attend Children and Youth Ministry board meetings (one per month)
- One office day per week.
- The internship position is a part-time, 10-15 hours per week position. Position runs from May to August with specific timeframe to be put together once position is filled.
- Expenses related to this position (e.g. travel, registration fees, etc.) will be covered.
- Time off will be granted for family vacation and other situations but please provide at least 2 weeks’ notice. You are responsible for filling your responsibilities when you will be away.
- Stipend of $1000 dollars will be issued to interns in increments of $333 dollars per month.