The leadership of Mt. Calvary, following discussion on guidelines and recommendations from the state government and local health departments, after considering civil and religious liberties as well as how our actions can reflect God’s love to our community, believes that we can safely begin the process of opening our doors to gather for worship.
This weekend, (6/20-6/21) we will hold worship services at our normal times for groups of 75 or less. If you would like to join us for worship, please RSVP at (https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A4CA9AC2AA7FA7-worship4). Please consult with the following guidelines for the health and safety of our congregation.
- If you feel ill, have a fever, cough, vomiting or diarrhea then we ask that you stay home and do not participate in Worship. If you have been in contact with someone that is ill, we would also ask that you stay home.
- If you have traveled, especially to those areas listed by the KDHE, then we ask that you self-quarantine for 14 days before attending worship.
- Cover your cough/sneeze and use at least 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer after. Use disposable facial tissue to sneeze into and then properly dispose of it. Wash your hands frequently.
- While worshiping be sure to maintain social distancing and continue to avoid close contact during our greetings. Use alternatives greetings versus handshakes.
- Limit to 1 family per pew when possible and skip a pew between families.
- Feel free to wear a mask if you feel more comfortable during worship. Masks will need to be removed prior to communion as to not interfere with the process.
- No bulletins will be provided during worship. Church information can be found on Constant Contact, by email, and via the church website.
- Those that are immunocompromised (weak immune systems) or are at higher risk for illness should stay home at least through the first few phases. This would include but not be limited to those with heart disease, diabetes, asthma, COPD, emphysema or over 65 years of age.
- Please let the church office know if you have any special needs or prayer request as we transition.
If you are unable to sign up for worship please inform the office as we are trying to balance workload for pastor as well as his ability to shepherd his flock.
For those who are not ready for in-person worship will continue to provide the youtube channel option. (https://www.youtube.com/
We would also like to continue to provide communion for those who are either uncomfortable with attending worship or uncomfortable communing with the larger numbers. We will have small group communion available on Friday (6/12) at 10 and 12. Please reserve your spot at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040a4ca9ac2aa7fa7-communion2
Finally, this week we are re-introducing some education hour opportunities. There will be a family Bible Study in the Fellowship Hall using the Book, “The Garden, the Curtain, and the Cross,” please attend with your family and come ready for family group discussion, crafts, and at the end of the Unit, you get to go home with a new book. Also Pastor will resume his class on Forgiveness in Luther Hall. There is no signup for Sunday School so feel free to join us.
Your prayers, patience, and grace are appreciated as we begin to navigate new waters once again. We look forward to seeing you soon.